Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Christmas program!

I am a week late, but I can't forget to post about the kids' first school Christmas program last week! It was wonderful; Brendan was in the fourth grade chorus (kids are selected for this based on grades and behavior) and Betsy was in "Cool Yule" (kids in grades 1-5 - there ended up being 70-80 kids).

My camera was acting up so the stuff I got of Brendan's performance is not what I would have liked. Be that as it may, here's what I have. Bren is on top, second from the right.



And a short video clip (unfortunately very short :( ) Mike and I were both pretty impressed with diction, pitch and how well the kids behaved. (We weren't so impressed with the 5th grade chorus, but I digress.)



The whole Cool Yule group (really, it was quite impressive - lol)



And the part with Betsy's group - each "character" (Betsy was a Loretta Poinsettia, there were also Billy Holly, an elf character, a surfer character, I forget all the names) had a song and a dance. I thought it was neat that she was one of the few (two maybe) that sung w/out the whole group. She's the one with the circle of poinsettias on her sweatshirt, fourth from the right. LOL you will probably hear some giggling parents - seriously, the whole program was one of the cutest, funniest things I've ever seen.



And this is what happens when you get 80 excited kids who can't hear the music (and neither can the directors)! HAHAHAHAHA Complete with sqealing microphones. This was the "finale."



Our "stars" after the show, since I couldn't seem to get great pictures of them on stage



And of course, since I took one of the big kids, the little ones had to get their pictures taken too, so here's the whole lot of them in front of our tree before Frodo destroyed it (another story for another day, perhaps). They are getting SO BIG - Brendan is now up to my nose and has worn larger shoes then mine for at least 6 months. And he won't be ten for another 2 weeks.

No comments: