I received a wonderful RAOK from Lori (Homeburrough at Crochetville) - take a look!

It is just gorgeous! Now we need to figure out where to put it in our new house!! I love it, thank you Lori!
This meatloaf is really good - all the kids except for Brendan inhaled it, and the only reason he wouldn't eat it was because he could see the onions - they melt into the meatloaf, so it was all in his head, lol!
Carmelized onion meatloaf
3 lbs ground beef (use one with a decent amount of fat, then siphon off after cooking)
3 onions, chopped
margarine (about 1 tbsp)
1 1/2 cups pepperidge farm stuffing mix
1 1/2 cups beef broth
2 tsp dried parsley
3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
2 large eggs, beaten
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground white pepper
Saute onions in butter until carmelized, golden and a bit browned. Combine stuffing, broth, onions, parsley, cheese, eggs & salt & pepper. Blend well, then add hamburger and mix well. Divide into two equal portions and shape into loaves on a foil lined jelly roll pan. Bake at 350 for 1 hour and 15 minutes, adding the sauce for the last 30 minutes.
Sauce (double this and serve half, hot, at the table, with individual servings):
1/2 cup ketchup
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 tsp dry mustard
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
Cook in a saucepan over medium heat until brown sugar dissolves.
I served one of the loaves for supper last night and then sliced and froze the other one in individual portions.
2 comments:
That doily is so beautiful!! I make the same meatloaf recipe except without the nutmeg. I also make the meatloaf in a regular baking pan so it browns up and gets a nice crust (we always fight over the ends here). I put the glaze mixture on the last 15 minutes it's baking.
I always hated chunks of onion too (still do)
This is a lovely doily! What's the pattern source?
My mom always made meatloaf and topped it with chili sauce - it got all hot and sticky and saucy sweet when cooked...yummy - may have to digout the recipe!
Post a Comment